The warmer days that we’ve been dreaming of are finally—almost—here! Some days we’re ready to show off our fresh pedicures and sandals, and the next we’re snuggled in our boots. How can we navigate the roller coaster of temperatures in style? We’ve got tips to put a spring in your step no matter the temps!
Buy Local, Shop Small!
You can #ShopLocalCentralPA to find all of these transitional spring treasures! Plum Bottom at the Shoppes at Susquehanna Marketplace in Harrisburg is your local stop for all of spring’s best fashion shoes and accessories! Locally owned, women owned with shoes from size 5-11, Plum Bottom is Central PA’s dream shoe and accessory super store!
Your new favorite spring shoe...is a boot!
Everyone LOVES boots. But your favorite boots used to be limited to fall and winter. Now, boots are on-trend all year long. Lighten up your boot for spring with perforated styles and lighter colored leathers. Some spring boots might even feature a peep-toe or sling back. These boots can be worn now all the way through the fall, so they’ll become the work horse of your shoe wardrobe.
Stay warm and look cool!
When the days start out cool, it’s the perfect opportunity to layer color and texture while staying warm with a spring scarf. Because scarves are such inexpensive accessories, get a little adventurous! Pick something with a splash of color that makes you smile when you put it on. When you’ve got a dynamic scarf, you can wear something classic—like jeans and a clean-cut white button-down shirt—to bring your personality to the look.
A fresh take on leather jackets
Your favorite scarf is going to look great with a light spring leather jacket. A light-colored leather jacket is an investment piece that you will love wearing for years to come! Everyone knows how to wear a black leather jacket. But a leather jacket in tan, denim blue or a light pastel color will keep you warm, stylish, and in touch with spring fashion. Check out Mauritius leather jackets at Plum Bottom in luscious spring tones.
Wear the rainbow!
When the weather finally heats up and you’re ready to break wear sandals, get inspired by the Spring/Summer ‘19 color palate. Savvy shoppers know that you’ll find the best selection for summer shoes in April and May. Here are some our favorite color choices for summer sandals:
- Be on the lookout for bright mustard yellow! Pantone calls this color “mango mojito” and it does make you feel like you’re ready for drinks on the beach!
- You’ll find pink of every hue--from pale pink to vivid coral—gives you a tropical feel.
- Like ripe strawberries, red is luscious this season! Pair red with black or navy and white for a classic look.
- Bright, rich cobalt blue. We still love our navy blue, but nothing reminds you of warm days spent at the ocean like cobalt blue!
- Soft moss green. Moss green reminds us of fall, but this spring it’s more muted for a verdant vibe.
- Metallics provide bling that you can wear with anything! Gold looks especially great paired with this season’s popular bright color palate.
- From cream to rich dark tan, pick a neutral color that plays well with your skin tone and you’ve got a neutral to wear with everything!